- 1 What candy can you use to represent a lysosome?
- 2 What candy represents a vacuole?
- 3 How do you make edible animal cell cakes?
- 4 What would a lysosome be in a factory?
- 5 What looks like a Golgi apparatus?
- 6 What are lysosomes?
- 7 What candy represents a cell wall?
- 8 What is the vacuole function?
- 9 Do plant cells have lysosomes?
- 10 What candy looks like chloroplast?
- 11 How do you make a Golgi apparatus model?
- 12 How do you make a cell model?
- 13 What can cells be compared to?
- 14 Which two cells in Model 2 will have difficulty?
- 15 How does a cell compare to a factory?
What candy can you use to represent a lysosome?
We chose chocolate chips to represent lysosomes because chocolate chips are the correct size to represent lysosomes. Bubble gum represented the Golgi apparatus. The Golgi prepares and packages proteins for specific jobs and functions.
What candy represents a vacuole?
|Cell Component||Suggested “Building Material”|
|Mitochondria||4 hot tamale candies|
|Vacuoles||4 chocolate covered raisins|
|Plant Cell central vacuole||1 large white marshmallow|
|Nucleus||1 pink gumball|
How do you make edible animal cell cakes?
Steps to make an animal cell cake:
- First you will need to bake a round cake and frost it with plain white icing.
- Next, spread a thin layer of yellow icing around the entire cake.
- Now, wrap Red Vines around the perimeter of the cake.
- Next, place a peanut butter cup in the middle of the cell.
What would a lysosome be in a factory?
This is very similar to the way the factory’s storage closet stores tools, machines, and other supplies. In a cell, lysosome are responsible for breaking waste down, and handle the movement of trash and waste. Therefore, lysosomes are like the maintenance crew or janitors, because both handle waste and general trash.
What looks like a Golgi apparatus?
The Golgi apparatus (GA), also called Golgi body or Golgi complex and found universally in both plant and animal cells, is typically comprised of a series of five to eight cup- shaped, membrane-covered sacs called cisternae that look something like a stack of deflated balloons.
What are lysosomes?
A lysosome is a membrane-bound cell organelle that contains digestive enzymes. Lysosomes are involved with various cell processes. They break down excess or worn-out cell parts. They may be used to destroy invading viruses and bacteria.
What candy represents a cell wall?
Suggested candy for an edible cell model: Blue Mike and Ikes = mitochondria. Pink Mike and Ikes = smooth endoplasmic reticulum. Air Head Bites = vacuoles. Air Heads Xtremes = rough endoplasmic reticulum.
What is the vacuole function?
A vacuole is a membrane-bound cell organelle. In animal cells, vacuoles are generally small and help sequester waste products. In plant cells, vacuoles help maintain water balance. Sometimes a single vacuole can take up most of the interior space of the plant cell.
Do plant cells have lysosomes?
Lysosomes ( lysosome: from the Greek: lysis; loosen and soma; body) are found in nearly all animal and plant cells. In plant cells vacuoles can carry out lysosomal functions.
What candy looks like chloroplast?
Therefore, green jelly beans or green flat candy wafers are fine choices to represent chloroplasts.
How do you make a Golgi apparatus model?
- Bring 3/4 cup of water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Place a large zip-top bag into a bowl.
- Fill a stockpot half-full with water.
- Remove the gelatin from the refrigerator.
- Insert five or six small grapes in the gelatin around the lasagna noodles to create the transport vesicles.
- Seal the bag again.
How do you make a cell model?
Use a round cake pan for an animal cell and a rectangular shaped cake pan for a plant cell.
- Follow the instructions on the package to bake the cake.
- Let the cake cool completely and then remove it from the pan.
- You can also make 2 9 in (23 cm) cakes to layer on top of each other if you’d prefer a taller cell model.
What can cells be compared to?
Cells are Like Cars You can compare the windshield and windows to plasma membranes, since they protect the inside of the car from invaders like insects and dirt.
Which two cells in Model 2 will have difficulty?
The correct answer is cell 4 and 7 as they are missing lysosomes. Explanation: A lysosome refers to a membrane-bound organelle, which comprises digestive enzymes. These organelles take part in different cellular procedures.
How does a cell compare to a factory?
Cells are similar to factories. To stay alive and function properly, cells have a division of labor similar to that found in factories. All eukaryotic cells are composed of a plasma membrane, a nucleus, and cytoplasm. These structures can be compared with a factory’s departments.