- 1 What can I do with a box of cake mix?
- 2 What can I do with leftover cream cheese batter?
- 3 What can you add to ready made cake mix?
- 4 What does adding sour cream to cake mix do?
- 5 How do you make a box cake taste like a bakery cake?
- 6 What can I do with cake mix without eggs?
- 7 How can I use leftover cream cheese?
- 8 Why does cream cheese last so long?
- 9 What do you eat Philadelphia cream cheese with?
- 10 What is the trick to a moist cake?
- 11 What happens if I add an extra egg to my cake mix?
- 12 Should you beat eggs before adding to cake mix?
- 13 Can I use sour cream instead of oil in cake mix?
- 14 How do you make a box cake taste better?
- 15 What does sour cream replace in baking?
What can I do with a box of cake mix?
19 Random and Delightful Things You Can Make with Boxed Cake Mix
- Birthday Cake Shots. Steven Baboun.
- Pumpkin Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls.
- Birthday Cake -Flavored Soft Pretzels.
- Cake Batter Fudge.
- 3-ingredient Cake Mix Cookies.
- Birthday Cake – Mix Bread.
- Irish Creme Chocolate Trifle.
- Cake Mix Gooey Butter Lemon Cookies.
What can I do with leftover cream cheese batter?
28 Creative Uses for Leftover Cream Cheese
- Spread It on a Cracker with Jam or Jelly. Chowhound.
- Stir Some into Polenta. Chowhound.
- Stir Some into Mac and Cheese. Chowhound.
- Make It into Dip. Chowhound.
- Make Pimento Cheese.
- Stir It into Scrambled Eggs.
- Use It to Stuff French Toast.
- Make a Mini Batch of Cream Cheese Frosting.
What can you add to ready made cake mix?
Adding mayonnaise, sour cream, yogurt, or melted ice cream to boxed cake mix can make the finished product moist and rich. Swapping out ingredients, like oil for butter or milk for water, will take a boxed cake to the next level. Things like coffee, soda, and spices will help to amplify the flavors in a boxed cake.
What does adding sour cream to cake mix do?
To summarize, sour cream can be used in cakes to: add moisture without thinning the cake batter, adding fat for creaminess, controlling browning and to activate baking soda. The sour cream does all of this thanks to its high fat content & acidity.
How do you make a box cake taste like a bakery cake?
Even better, most are super easy, with items you probably already have in your kitchen.
- Add an extra egg. Adding an extra egg to a boxed cake recipe is a longtime trick to amp up the moisture and density.
- Swap milk for water.
- Or try coffee … or ginger ale!
- Add mayonnaise.
- Add a box of instant pudding.
What can I do with cake mix without eggs?
To replace one egg in a cake mix, you can simply use ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce. Applesauce will add a nice, smooth flavor to your cake as well as provide moisture to the batter, keeping your cake from drying out as it bakes. Applesauce can make your cake batter a little more dense but this can be a good thing!
How can I use leftover cream cheese?
Leftover cream cheese recipes
- Omelette. Enrich a thick, grilled frittata with cream cheese.
- Cakes and bakes. While other dairy products like yogurt or buttermilk can be used within a cake batter, cream cheese is best reserved as a topping.
- The ultimate sandwich.
- Cheat’s cheesecake.
- Ice cream.
Why does cream cheese last so long?
In general, this product contains preservatives that inhibit bacteria and mold growth and prevent spoilage in most cases. As a result, most unopened cream cheese kept in the fridge will last for up to a month past the printed expiration date.
What do you eat Philadelphia cream cheese with?
- Classic Chicken Sandwiches.
- Sweet Chilli PHILLY Pourover Nachos.
- PHILLY and Prosciutto Bagels with Grilled Asparagus.
- PHILLY and Pastrami Bacon with Beetroot Relish.
- Herbed PHILLY with Hot Smoked Salmon and Avocado.
- Maple Bacon Bagel with Roast Tomatoes.
- Strawberries and Creamy PHILLY Treat.
What is the trick to a moist cake?
I promise you SOFT & MOIST cakes!
- Use Cake Flour. Reach for cake flour instead of all-purpose flour.
- Add Sour Cream.
- Room Temperature Butter / Don’t Over-Cream.
- Add a Touch of Baking Powder or Baking Soda.
- Add Oil.
- Don’t Over-Mix.
- Don’t Over-Bake.
- Brush With Simple Syrup/Other Liquid.
What happens if I add an extra egg to my cake mix?
Because emulsifiers hold water and fat together, adding extra egg yolks to the batter enables the batter to hold extra liquid and, consequently, extra sugar. This helps create a moister and sweeter cake that will still bake up with a good structure rather than falling into a gooey mass.
Should you beat eggs before adding to cake mix?
Beating the eggs before adding them to the batter is very important. Many batters, like pancakes and muffins, can be over mixed. And if they are over mixed the end result will not be as good. If you add in the eggs whole, it will require you to mix the batter more to incorporate the eggs in and break them up.
Can I use sour cream instead of oil in cake mix?
Sour cream is a great cooking oil substitute that you can use without a second thought. Its high-fat content will add moisture and springiness to your cake.
How do you make a box cake taste better?
Substitute whole milk or your favorite non-dairy milk (almond and coconut milk work especially well). The milk adds fat, which results in better flavor and density in your cake. Want to make your cake extra rich? Swap out the milk for buttermilk, and now you’ve really got something special!
What does sour cream replace in baking?
Yogurt. Whether you’re baking or making a dip or sauce, yogurt is a 1:1 sub. That means if your recipe calls for 1 cup of sour cream, you can replace it with 1 cup of yogurt. Full fat Greek or natural yogurts work best, but low-fat or even nonfat can be used!