- 1 Is dessert and desert a homophone?
- 2 What is a dessert and desert?
- 3 How would you use desert and dessert in a sentence?
- 4 What are the 20 examples of Homographs?
- 5 What are homonyms give 5 examples?
- 6 What is the largest desert in the world?
- 7 What is a fancy word for dessert?
- 8 What are the different kinds of desert?
- 9 What do we consider when we say desert?
- 10 What does dessert mean?
- 11 What does desert mean?
- 12 What is Desert in simple words?
- 13 What are the 7 classification types of dessert?
- 14 How do you use the word desert in a sentence?
Is dessert and desert a homophone?
The words desert, dessert sound the same but have different meanings and spellings. The answer is simple: desert, dessert are homophones of the English language.
What is a dessert and desert?
desert / dessert A desert is a hot and dry place like the Sahara, but add an s and some whipped cream and you have a dessert, a sweet treat to eat. Dessert has two s’s because you always want two. A desert (DEH-zert) is dry, but to desert (deh-ZERT) is to leave someone high and dry.
How would you use desert and dessert in a sentence?
Dessert refers to ‘a dish served as the last course of a meal’. Here is desert used in some example sentences:
- The famous saguaro cactus only grows in the wild in the Sonoran desert.
- My friends and I are banned from going into the deserted old house at the edge of town.
- He deserted his wife and children.
What are the 20 examples of Homographs?
20 example of homograph
- Bear – To endure; Bear – Animal.
- Close – Connected; Close – Lock.
- Lean – Thin; Lean – Rest against.
- Bow – Bend forward; Bow – Front of a ship.
- Lead – Metal; Lead – Start off in front.
- Skip – Jump; Skip – Miss out.
- Fair – Appearance; Fair – Reasonable.
What are homonyms give 5 examples?
- Address – to speak to / location.
- Air – oxygen / a lilting tune.
- Arm – body part / division of a company.
- Band – a musical group / a ring.
- Bark – a tree’s out layer / the sound a dog makes.
- Bat – an implement used to hit a ball / a nocturnal flying mammal.
What is the largest desert in the world?
The Antarctic Polar Desert, which makes up the vast majority of Antarctica, is the largest desert in the world. In fact, this single desert is larger than the combined size of the Gobi Desert, the Arabian Desert, and the Sahara Desert.
What is a fancy word for dessert?
- bonne bouche.
What are the different kinds of desert?
The four main types of desert include hot and dry deserts, semi-arid deserts, coastal deserts, and cold deserts.
What do we consider when we say desert?
1 waste, wasteland, barren wilderness. 2 wasteland, barren wilderness. 5 wasteland. 6 desolate; barren, infertile; arid.
What does dessert mean?
1: a usually sweet course or dish (as of pastry or ice cream) usually served at the end of a meal. 2 British: a fresh fruit served after a sweet course.
What does desert mean?
1: arid land with usually sparse vegetation especially: such land having a very warm climate and receiving less than 25 centimeters (10 inches) of sporadic rainfall annually. 2: an area of water apparently devoid of life. 3: a desolate or forbidding area lost in a desert of doubt.
What is Desert in simple words?
A desert is a barren area of landscape where little precipitation occurs and, consequently, living conditions are hostile for plant and animal life. The lack of vegetation exposes the unprotected surface of the ground to the processes of denudation. About one-third of the land surface of the world is arid or semi-arid.
What are the 7 classification types of dessert?
Types of Dessert
- Cake. Cake is a form of bread or bread-like food.
- Cookie. Cookies is a sweet baked food that is usually small, flat, and round and is made from flour and sugar although oatmeal cookies are quite popular as well.
- Ice Cream.
How do you use the word desert in a sentence?
Desert sentence example
- The desert night was cold and dark.
- She turned away from the desert and crossed her arms.
- A chill descended over the desert compound as the sun set.
- The landing overlooked the parched desert surrounding the black fortress.
- She trailed, stepping into the chilled desert night.