- 1 What can I make with a bunch of apples?
- 2 What is the best dessert apple?
- 3 Why is it better to eat apples than drink apple juice?
- 4 Can I freeze apples?
- 5 Is Granny Smith a dessert apple?
- 6 What is the best apple to bake with?
- 7 Do Gala apples make good pies?
- 8 Why does apple juice make you poop?
- 9 What juice is healthiest to drink?
- 10 Is 100% apple juice good for you?
- 11 Does freezing apples ruin them?
- 12 Do frozen apples taste good?
- 13 Can I freeze apples without cooking them?
What can I make with a bunch of apples?
10 Things to Do with All Those Apples
- Applesauce. Homemade apple sauce is so much better than what you find in the jar.
- Apple butter. Contrary to what some think, there is no butter in apple butter.
- Poached apples.
- Apple pie.
- Apple muffins.
- Apple cake.
- Caramel apples.
- Apple stuffing.
What is the best dessert apple?
The Best Apples for Baking
- Jonagold. Tart with a honeyed sweetness, Jonagolds hold up exceptionally well in the oven.
- Honeycrisp. This is our desert-island apple.
- Pink Lady (or Cripps Pink)
- Now, let’s bake some apples!
Why is it better to eat apples than drink apple juice?
Eating apples reduces cholesterol, but apple juice doesn’t. Drinking juiced fruit in childhood is associated with increased obesity, and eating the same fruit is not. Faint praise, indeed. The fiber in fruit contains polyphenols, which are antioxidant, free radical-scavenging, cancer-fighting chemicals.
Can I freeze apples?
Put your fall apples to good use and freeze pie filling, whole pies, applesauce, sliced apples, even whole apples for later. Sweeter apples such as Fujis or Galas are more likely to hold their flavor than tart varieties, but any apple will do fine in the freezer for six to nine months.
Is Granny Smith a dessert apple?
Colours range from red, to yellow and green, but all varieties fall into one of two categories: eating, also sometimes called dessert apples (including Cox’s Orange Pippin, Golden Delicious, Granny Smiths, Braeburn, Gala, Pink Lady and Jonagold) or cooking, with the latter being more tart in flavour, a result of their
What is the best apple to bake with?
The 5 Best Apples for Baking
- Granny Smith. The Granny Smith apple is my go-to apple for any baked or cooked recipe.
- Jonathan or Jonagold. These apples are very similar in flavor and how they behave when baked.
- Cortland. Don’t push this small apple to the side.
Do Gala apples make good pies?
Red Delicious and Gala are two apples that won’t withstand cooking temperatures and should not be used for apple pie. Many new apple varieties, including Honeycrisp, have a flesh that fractures when you bite it. This is so appealing for snacking on an apple, but not the best feature for a good apple pie apple.
Why does apple juice make you poop?
Apples also contain pectin, which is a water-soluble fiber that may promote bowel movements. Apple juice contains relatively high quantities of fructose compared with other fruits.
What juice is healthiest to drink?
The 9 Healthiest Types of Juice
- Cranberry. Tart and bright red, cranberry juice offers many benefits.
- Tomato. Tomato juice is not only a key ingredient in Bloody Marys but also enjoyed on its own as a delicious and healthy drink.
- Acai berry.
Is 100% apple juice good for you?
It’s true that 100 % fruit juice is a good source of nutrients like vitamin C and potassium. The problem is that too much juice can be an extra source of sugar and calories. Juice also doesn’t contain the same fiber and phytonutrients that raw fruits have.
Does freezing apples ruin them?
While freezing apples won’t ruin them, the texture will change. The texture of frozen apples won’t be crispy like fresh apples, but rather strong and snappy. Hence, you may not get the same satisfaction from eating defrosted and thawed apples compared to fresh apples.
Do frozen apples taste good?
If you prepare them properly, your apples should keep well frozen for several months and not taste dried-out or bitter when thawed. Keep in mind that frozen apples are best used in recipes because freezing changes their texture, making them unsuitable for eating raw. Any type of apple can be frozen.
Can I freeze apples without cooking them?
It’s best to use frozen apples in baking or smoothies, because the texture of fruit that has been frozen and thawed is softer. Use freezing to preserve apples that aren’t in season for long, like Bramley apples.