- 1 How can I decorate my homemade cake?
- 2 How do you melt chocolate for lace?
- 3 Can you use a bowl as a chocolate mold?
- 4 Is chocolate a food?
- 5 How do you get hard chocolate out of a bowl?
- 6 How do you make a chocolate pipe?
- 7 How do you thin out chocolate for decorating?
- 8 What temperature do you temper chocolate at?
How can I decorate my homemade cake?
Here is another easy and fun way to decorate your cakes. Just add some edible colors to your fondant and knead well. Roll the fondant sheets with a pin, use a cookie cutter to cut out different shapes like hearts, stars, circles or whatever your heart desires.
How do you melt chocolate for lace?
With a marker, trace the rim of two hot cocoa mugs on a piece of parchment paper. Flip the parchment over, so the marker side faces down. Melt chocolate chips until smooth and transfer to a plastic bag. Snip the tip of the bag and drizzle melted chocolate inside the traced circles, creating chocolate “ lace ”.
Can you use a bowl as a chocolate mold?
Moulding a bowl in a bowl or tupperware: It could be used for serving fruit, ice cream, mousse, cookies, chocolates etc. or even as a container for giving away a selection of chocolates.
Is chocolate a food?
Chocolate is one of the most popular food types and flavors in the world, and many foodstuffs involving chocolate exist, particularly desserts, including cakes, pudding, mousse, chocolate brownies, and chocolate chip cookies. Many candies are filled with or coated with sweetened chocolate.
How do you get hard chocolate out of a bowl?
Since chocolate stains set with heat and time, these can be difficult to remove. Your best bet is to rub liquid laundry detergent or dish soap on the stained area and soak the clothing in a bowl of cold water for at least 30 minutes. Repeat this step until you aren’t seeing any improvement.
How do you make a chocolate pipe?
How to pipe melted chocolate
- When you want to pipe melted chocolate, put some chocolate, broken up, into a small plastic freezer bag. Tie the end and place in the microwave and heat for 20 seconds bursts, until the chocolate has melted.
- Snip a small hole in one corner, then you have the perfect piping bag.
How do you thin out chocolate for decorating?
Add oil, butter, or shortening to thin a small amount of chocolate. The best way to thin chocolate is with the addition of a fat. The exact amount of oil you will need will depend on the thickness of your chocolate and your desired consistency. Start by stirring in just a little splash, then add more if you need to.
What temperature do you temper chocolate at?
Heat it for 5 to 10 seconds at a time, stirring and checking the temperature before reheating. For dark chocolate, reheat to 88°F to 91°F. For milk and white chocolate, reheat to 87°F to 88°F. If you keep your chocolate within these temperature ranges, it will stay in temper and be liquid enough to use.