- 1 What can I do with a box of cake mix?
- 2 How can I spice up a white cake mix?
- 3 What can you add to ready made cake mix?
- 4 How can I spice up a cake mix?
- 5 How do you make a box cake taste like a bakery cake?
- 6 What can I do with cake mix without eggs?
- 7 What is the trick to a moist cake?
- 8 Should you beat eggs before adding to cake mix?
- 9 Which is better Cake Mix Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines?
- 10 What happens if I add an extra egg to my cake mix?
- 11 What does adding sour cream to cake mix do?
- 12 How much mayo do I add to cake mix?
- 13 How do you make box cake more moist?
- 14 Do bakeries use boxed cake mixes?
- 15 Can you mix two different cake mixes together?
What can I do with a box of cake mix?
19 Random and Delightful Things You Can Make with Boxed Cake Mix
- Birthday Cake Shots. Steven Baboun.
- Pumpkin Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls.
- Birthday Cake -Flavored Soft Pretzels.
- Cake Batter Fudge.
- 3-ingredient Cake Mix Cookies.
- Birthday Cake – Mix Bread.
- Irish Creme Chocolate Trifle.
- Cake Mix Gooey Butter Lemon Cookies.
How can I spice up a white cake mix?
The addition of buttermilk, sour cream, vanilla extract, and almond extract builds up the flavor and hides the taste of the cake mix that some people find so off-putting. The sour cream is the ingredient that really elevates the cake, adding lots of moisture. I also love the addition of almond extract.
What can you add to ready made cake mix?
Take whatever flavoring is in your boxed mix, and add more of it: If you ‘re making a vanilla cake mix, add another teaspoon or two of vanilla extract, or a teaspoon of vanilla bean paste. For a chocolate cake mix, add a pinch of espresso powder (this will boost the chocolate flavor without adding any coffee taste).
How can I spice up a cake mix?
Chose any ideas on this list—or combine a few!
- 1 – Use an extra egg. Most boxed mixes will call for 3 eggs.
- 2 – Substitute dairy.
- 3 – Replace water with other liquids.
- 4 – Add a mix -in.
- 5 – Go all-citrus.
- 6 – Add extracts.
- 7 – Put some pudding in the mix.
- 8 – Make a filling.
How do you make a box cake taste like a bakery cake?
Even better, most are super easy, with items you probably already have in your kitchen.
- Add an extra egg. Adding an extra egg to a boxed cake recipe is a longtime trick to amp up the moisture and density.
- Swap milk for water.
- Or try coffee … or ginger ale!
- Add mayonnaise.
- Add a box of instant pudding.
What can I do with cake mix without eggs?
To replace one egg in a cake mix, you can simply use ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce. Applesauce will add a nice, smooth flavor to your cake as well as provide moisture to the batter, keeping your cake from drying out as it bakes. Applesauce can make your cake batter a little more dense but this can be a good thing!
What is the trick to a moist cake?
I promise you SOFT & MOIST cakes!
- Use Cake Flour. Reach for cake flour instead of all-purpose flour.
- Add Sour Cream.
- Room Temperature Butter / Don’t Over-Cream.
- Add a Touch of Baking Powder or Baking Soda.
- Add Oil.
- Don’t Over-Mix.
- Don’t Over-Bake.
- Brush With Simple Syrup/Other Liquid.
Should you beat eggs before adding to cake mix?
Beating the eggs before adding them to the batter is very important. Many batters, like pancakes and muffins, can be over mixed. And if they are over mixed the end result will not be as good. If you add in the eggs whole, it will require you to mix the batter more to incorporate the eggs in and break them up.
Which is better Cake Mix Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines?
Betty Crocker: In both tests, the Better Crocker has the least amount of rise on the cake, which again might be due to the increased liquid in the batter. Duncan Hines: The Duncan Hines cake had the lightest and fluffiest texture and it was also the most moist cake mix.
What happens if I add an extra egg to my cake mix?
Because emulsifiers hold water and fat together, adding extra egg yolks to the batter enables the batter to hold extra liquid and, consequently, extra sugar. This helps create a moister and sweeter cake that will still bake up with a good structure rather than falling into a gooey mass.
What does adding sour cream to cake mix do?
To summarize, sour cream can be used in cakes to: add moisture without thinning the cake batter, adding fat for creaminess, controlling browning and to activate baking soda. The sour cream does all of this thanks to its high fat content & acidity.
How much mayo do I add to cake mix?
Add mayonnaise to your cake. Two tablespoons of mayo could be your new secret ingredient.
How do you make box cake more moist?
To get an extra rich and moist cake, stir in two extra egg yolks along with the eggs the recipe calls for. Add sugar and flour to the dry mix. Add 1/4- 1 cup sugar and flour to your cake mix. Use coffee instead of water for chocolate cakes.
Do bakeries use boxed cake mixes?
So yes, there are bakeries who use mixes. Some bakers buy their mixes in 18.5 oz boxes from the grocery
Can you mix two different cake mixes together?
When you use boxed cake mix to make a large cake, you will double both the mix as well as the amounts of all ingredients listed in the directions on the box and adjust the baking time accordingly. This little bit of extra effort will be well worth it when you serve the cake and all your guests can enjoy it.