- 1 What can I do with a box of cake mix?
- 2 What can you add to ready made cake mix?
- 3 How do I Spruce a cake mix?
- 4 What can I add to Duncan Hines cake mix?
- 5 How do you make a box cake taste better?
- 6 How do you make a box cake taste like a bakery cake?
- 7 What is the trick to a moist cake?
- 8 Should you beat eggs before adding to cake mix?
- 9 What happens if I add an extra egg to my cake mix?
- 10 Can you mix two different cake mixes together?
- 11 What can I add to yellow cake mix?
- 12 Should I add pudding to my cake mix?
- 13 Which is better Cake Mix Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines?
- 14 Do bakeries use boxed cake mixes?
- 15 Can I substitute butter for oil in Duncan Hines cake mix?
What can I do with a box of cake mix?
19 Random and Delightful Things You Can Make with Boxed Cake Mix
- Birthday Cake Shots. Steven Baboun.
- Pumpkin Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls.
- Birthday Cake -Flavored Soft Pretzels.
- Cake Batter Fudge.
- 3-ingredient Cake Mix Cookies.
- Birthday Cake – Mix Bread.
- Irish Creme Chocolate Trifle.
- Cake Mix Gooey Butter Lemon Cookies.
What can you add to ready made cake mix?
Adding mayonnaise, sour cream, yogurt, or melted ice cream to boxed cake mix can make the finished product moist and rich. Swapping out ingredients, like oil for butter or milk for water, will take a boxed cake to the next level. Things like coffee, soda, and spices will help to amplify the flavors in a boxed cake.
How do I Spruce a cake mix?
Chose any ideas on this list—or combine a few!
- 1 – Use an extra egg. Most boxed mixes will call for 3 eggs.
- 2 – Substitute dairy.
- 3 – Replace water with other liquids.
- 4 – Add a mix -in.
- 5 – Go all-citrus.
- 6 – Add extracts.
- 7 – Put some pudding in the mix.
- 8 – Make a filling.
What can I add to Duncan Hines cake mix?
Tip #3 on how to make box mix taste homemade
- Start with one box of white Duncan Hines mix.
- Add in one cup of AP flour.
- 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- 1/4 tsp salt.
- 1 cup sour cream.
- 1/2 cup melted butter.
- 1 cup of water or milk.
- 4 egg whites.
How do you make a box cake taste better?
Substitute whole milk or your favorite non-dairy milk (almond and coconut milk work especially well). The milk adds fat, which results in better flavor and density in your cake. Want to make your cake extra rich? Swap out the milk for buttermilk, and now you’ve really got something special!
How do you make a box cake taste like a bakery cake?
Even better, most are super easy, with items you probably already have in your kitchen.
- Add an extra egg. Adding an extra egg to a boxed cake recipe is a longtime trick to amp up the moisture and density.
- Swap milk for water.
- Or try coffee … or ginger ale!
- Add mayonnaise.
- Add a box of instant pudding.
What is the trick to a moist cake?
I promise you SOFT & MOIST cakes!
- Use Cake Flour. Reach for cake flour instead of all-purpose flour.
- Add Sour Cream.
- Room Temperature Butter / Don’t Over-Cream.
- Add a Touch of Baking Powder or Baking Soda.
- Add Oil.
- Don’t Over-Mix.
- Don’t Over-Bake.
- Brush With Simple Syrup/Other Liquid.
Should you beat eggs before adding to cake mix?
Beating the eggs before adding them to the batter is very important. Many batters, like pancakes and muffins, can be over mixed. And if they are over mixed the end result will not be as good. If you add in the eggs whole, it will require you to mix the batter more to incorporate the eggs in and break them up.
What happens if I add an extra egg to my cake mix?
Because emulsifiers hold water and fat together, adding extra egg yolks to the batter enables the batter to hold extra liquid and, consequently, extra sugar. This helps create a moister and sweeter cake that will still bake up with a good structure rather than falling into a gooey mass.
Can you mix two different cake mixes together?
When you use boxed cake mix to make a large cake, you will double both the mix as well as the amounts of all ingredients listed in the directions on the box and adjust the baking time accordingly. This little bit of extra effort will be well worth it when you serve the cake and all your guests can enjoy it.
What can I add to yellow cake mix?
Add a Few Fun Mix -Ins For vanilla or yellow cake mixes, try adding diced crystallized ginger, dried fruit, or fresh berries. For chocolate or vanilla cake mixes, try adding unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted chopped nuts, or chocolate chips.
Should I add pudding to my cake mix?
Adding pudding to cake mix is always a great way to make your cake – or any baked goods – stay soft. It’s the secret to my Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies, for example. Sour cream also keeps the Doctored Cake Mix moist and lends a little bit of “tang” to the recipe.
Which is better Cake Mix Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines?
Betty Crocker: In both tests, the Better Crocker has the least amount of rise on the cake, which again might be due to the increased liquid in the batter. Duncan Hines: The Duncan Hines cake had the lightest and fluffiest texture and it was also the most moist cake mix.
Do bakeries use boxed cake mixes?
So yes, there are bakeries who use mixes. Some bakers buy their mixes in 18.5 oz boxes from the grocery
Can I substitute butter for oil in Duncan Hines cake mix?
Can I substitute butter for oil in Duncan Hines cake mix? Just replace the oil with an equal amount of either softened or melted butter, and you’ll get a drastically better cake.