- 1 What can I do with a box of cake mix?
- 2 What can I add to a vanilla cake mix?
- 3 What does adding milk to cake mix do?
- 4 What can you add to ready made cake mix?
- 5 What can I do with cake mix without eggs?
- 6 How do you make a box cake taste like a bakery cake?
- 7 What is the trick to a moist cake?
- 8 How do you add fruit to cake mix?
- 9 Can you mix two different cake mixes together?
- 10 What happens if I add an extra egg to my cake mix?
- 11 Is cake mix better with water or milk?
- 12 Can you make cake mix with just water?
- 13 Should you beat eggs before adding to cake mix?
- 14 How much yogurt do I add to cake mix?
- 15 What does adding sour cream to cake mix do?
What can I do with a box of cake mix?
19 Random and Delightful Things You Can Make with Boxed Cake Mix
- Birthday Cake Shots. Steven Baboun.
- Pumpkin Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls.
- Birthday Cake -Flavored Soft Pretzels.
- Cake Batter Fudge.
- 3-ingredient Cake Mix Cookies.
- Birthday Cake – Mix Bread.
- Irish Creme Chocolate Trifle.
- Cake Mix Gooey Butter Lemon Cookies.
What can I add to a vanilla cake mix?
Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1 to 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice to any of the yellow or white cake mixes. 7. When making your cake batter, sift the powder mix first through a sifter or sieve. Then use applesauce instead of the oil, and add a splash of vanilla (no matter what flavor cake you’re making.)
What does adding milk to cake mix do?
The extra yolks add the density and moisture you’d find in a bakery cake! Milk: Add MILK, not water, when your box mix calls for liquid. The milk adds density, fat and, most importantly, extra flavor to your mix. Egg WHITES: Not adding the yolks to the cake makes the cake fluffy and whiter!
What can you add to ready made cake mix?
Adding mayonnaise, sour cream, yogurt, or melted ice cream to boxed cake mix can make the finished product moist and rich. Swapping out ingredients, like oil for butter or milk for water, will take a boxed cake to the next level. Things like coffee, soda, and spices will help to amplify the flavors in a boxed cake.
What can I do with cake mix without eggs?
To replace one egg in a cake mix, you can simply use ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce. Applesauce will add a nice, smooth flavor to your cake as well as provide moisture to the batter, keeping your cake from drying out as it bakes. Applesauce can make your cake batter a little more dense but this can be a good thing!
How do you make a box cake taste like a bakery cake?
Even better, most are super easy, with items you probably already have in your kitchen.
- Add an extra egg. Adding an extra egg to a boxed cake recipe is a longtime trick to amp up the moisture and density.
- Swap milk for water.
- Or try coffee … or ginger ale!
- Add mayonnaise.
- Add a box of instant pudding.
What is the trick to a moist cake?
I promise you SOFT & MOIST cakes!
- Use Cake Flour. Reach for cake flour instead of all-purpose flour.
- Add Sour Cream.
- Room Temperature Butter / Don’t Over-Cream.
- Add a Touch of Baking Powder or Baking Soda.
- Add Oil.
- Don’t Over-Mix.
- Don’t Over-Bake.
- Brush With Simple Syrup/Other Liquid.
How do you add fruit to cake mix?
Berries or Preserves Adding fruit to a cake makes it seem more elegant, and there are many ways to incorporate it into a box cake mix. One way is to add a few spoonfuls of fruit preserves into the batter and swirl it around before baking.
Can you mix two different cake mixes together?
When you use boxed cake mix to make a large cake, you will double both the mix as well as the amounts of all ingredients listed in the directions on the box and adjust the baking time accordingly. This little bit of extra effort will be well worth it when you serve the cake and all your guests can enjoy it.
What happens if I add an extra egg to my cake mix?
Because emulsifiers hold water and fat together, adding extra egg yolks to the batter enables the batter to hold extra liquid and, consequently, extra sugar. This helps create a moister and sweeter cake that will still bake up with a good structure rather than falling into a gooey mass.
Is cake mix better with water or milk?
The average cake mix calls for the most boring of liquids: water. Instead of using water, use a dairy product. Replacing the water with milk will make your cake instantly taste homemade, while using buttermilk will make it taste rich and creamy.
Can you make cake mix with just water?
You can even add your favorite flavorings to the mix. Save time baking from scratch, and just add water, mix, and bake!
Should you beat eggs before adding to cake mix?
Beating the eggs before adding them to the batter is very important. Many batters, like pancakes and muffins, can be over mixed. And if they are over mixed the end result will not be as good. If you add in the eggs whole, it will require you to mix the batter more to incorporate the eggs in and break them up.
How much yogurt do I add to cake mix?
Mix ¾ cup of sour cream or Greek yogurt into your cake mix and stir thoroughly. The richness of the sour cream or Greek yogurt gives your cake a more denser flavor and keeps your cake moister for longer. Woot! Woot!
What does adding sour cream to cake mix do?
To summarize, sour cream can be used in cakes to: add moisture without thinning the cake batter, adding fat for creaminess, controlling browning and to activate baking soda. The sour cream does all of this thanks to its high fat content & acidity.