- 1 What can I do with a box of cake mix?
- 2 Where can I find butter pecan cake mix?
- 3 Can you add nuts to cake mix?
- 4 How much sour cream do I add to cake mix?
- 5 How do you make a box cake taste like a bakery cake?
- 6 How do you make a box cake taste better?
- 7 Is there butter pecan cake mix?
- 8 Who makes pecan cake?
- 9 What is in Betty Crocker cake mix?
- 10 What does an extra egg do to a cake?
- 11 What can you add to vanilla cake mix?
- 12 How much yogurt do I add to cake mix?
- 13 What happens when you add sour cream to cake mix?
- 14 Should you beat eggs before adding to cake mix?
- 15 What does sour cream do to cake?
What can I do with a box of cake mix?
19 Random and Delightful Things You Can Make with Boxed Cake Mix
- Birthday Cake Shots. Steven Baboun.
- Pumpkin Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls.
- Birthday Cake -Flavored Soft Pretzels.
- Cake Batter Fudge.
- 3-ingredient Cake Mix Cookies.
- Birthday Cake – Mix Bread.
- Irish Creme Chocolate Trifle.
- Cake Mix Gooey Butter Lemon Cookies.
Where can I find butter pecan cake mix?
Betty Crocker Super Moist Butter Pecan Cake Mix, 15.25 oz – Walmart.com – Walmart.com.
Can you add nuts to cake mix?
You might want to add nuts, but those nuts could add extra oil, meaning the batter will bake differently. Or you might want to increase the lemon flavor, but the acid might react with the eggs, turning the cake gooier (or drier).
How much sour cream do I add to cake mix?
And, since sour cream contains fat, your cake will also be richer. Per baking blog Liv for Cake, you may want to start by adding about 1 cup of sour cream.
How do you make a box cake taste like a bakery cake?
Even better, most are super easy, with items you probably already have in your kitchen.
- Add an extra egg. Adding an extra egg to a boxed cake recipe is a longtime trick to amp up the moisture and density.
- Swap milk for water.
- Or try coffee … or ginger ale!
- Add mayonnaise.
- Add a box of instant pudding.
How do you make a box cake taste better?
Substitute whole milk or your favorite non-dairy milk (almond and coconut milk work especially well). The milk adds fat, which results in better flavor and density in your cake. Want to make your cake extra rich? Swap out the milk for buttermilk, and now you’ve really got something special!
Is there butter pecan cake mix?
CAKE MIX: Betty Crocker’s super moist butter pecan cake mix is made with no preservatives and no artificial flavors. QUICK AND EASY: Make cake without the usual mess; just add a few simple ingredients as directed and pop in the oven for a sweet treat any time of day.
Who makes pecan cake?
Betty Crocker Super Moist Butter Pecan Cake Mix, 6 ct, 15.25 oz.
What is in Betty Crocker cake mix?
CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: MODIFIED CORN STARCH, CORN STARCH, PALM OIL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL MONO AND DIESTERS OF FATTY ACIDS, SALT, DISTILLED MONOGLYCERIDES, DICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, SODIUM STEAROYL LACTYLATE, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, XANTHAN GUM, CELLULOSE GUM, YELLOWS 5 & 6, NONFAT MILK, SOY LECITHIN.
What does an extra egg do to a cake?
Because emulsifiers hold water and fat together, adding extra egg yolks to the batter enables the batter to hold extra liquid and, consequently, extra sugar. This helps create a moister and sweeter cake that will still bake up with a good structure rather than falling into a gooey mass.
What can you add to vanilla cake mix?
For vanilla or yellow cake mixes, try adding diced crystallized ginger, dried fruit, or fresh berries. For chocolate or vanilla cake mixes, try adding unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted chopped nuts, or chocolate chips.
How much yogurt do I add to cake mix?
Mix ¾ cup of sour cream or Greek yogurt into your cake mix and stir thoroughly. The richness of the sour cream or Greek yogurt gives your cake a more denser flavor and keeps your cake moister for longer. Woot! Woot!
What happens when you add sour cream to cake mix?
The acidity of sour cream will reduce some of the sweetness to give the cake a sweet and tangy taste. The texture will be thicker, and the sour cream will help activate the baking soda so that the cake rises. The acidity also helps it bake on the inside without burning.
Should you beat eggs before adding to cake mix?
Beating the eggs before adding them to the batter is very important. Many batters, like pancakes and muffins, can be over mixed. And if they are over mixed the end result will not be as good. If you add in the eggs whole, it will require you to mix the batter more to incorporate the eggs in and break them up.
What does sour cream do to cake?
Sour cream is one of the fattiest dairy products; the extra fat content (for example, adding sour cream to a cake instead of milk) will make the cake moister and richer, says Wilk. “Fat, in any form (butter, lard, cream, etc.) shortens gluten strands, which essentially leads to the most tender baked goods,” she adds.