- 1 What can I make with a bunch of apples?
- 2 What to do with too many eating apples?
- 3 What is the best dessert apple?
- 4 Can I freeze apples?
- 5 Can you freeze whole apples with skin?
- 6 How can I preserve apples?
- 7 What are Red Delicious apples best used for?
- 8 How do you prepare apples for dehydration?
- 9 What is the best apple to bake with?
- 10 Is Granny Smith a dessert apple?
- 11 How many apples can you eat a day?
- 12 Does freezing apples ruin them?
- 13 Do frozen apples taste good?
- 14 Can I freeze apples without cooking them?
What can I make with a bunch of apples?
10 Things to Do with All Those Apples
- Applesauce. Homemade apple sauce is so much better than what you find in the jar.
- Apple butter. Contrary to what some think, there is no butter in apple butter.
- Poached apples.
- Apple pie.
- Apple muffins.
- Apple cake.
- Caramel apples.
- Apple stuffing.
What to do with too many eating apples?
Top tips for an abundance of apples
- Dry them. Dried Apples, along with other dried fruit, is a snacking favourite.
- Puree them. Apple puree can be used in a variety of ways – apple crumbles, apple pies or just as it is.
- Pickle them.
- Juice them.
- Bake them.
What is the best dessert apple?
The Best Apples for Baking
- Jonagold. Tart with a honeyed sweetness, Jonagolds hold up exceptionally well in the oven.
- Honeycrisp. This is our desert-island apple.
- Pink Lady (or Cripps Pink)
- Now, let’s bake some apples!
Can I freeze apples?
Put your fall apples to good use and freeze pie filling, whole pies, applesauce, sliced apples, even whole apples for later. Sweeter apples such as Fujis or Galas are more likely to hold their flavor than tart varieties, but any apple will do fine in the freezer for six to nine months.
Can you freeze whole apples with skin?
Can you freeze whole apples with skin? You can freeze apple slices with skin if you want, but you shouldn’t freeze the whole fruit. Sliced apples freeze and thaw more quickly, preventing them from getting brown and mushy.
How can I preserve apples?
Place a small piece of crumpled water-resistant paper, such as waxed paper, on top of each container to hold apples slices down under syrup. Seal, label, date and freeze at 0°F or below. Use within one year. *To use lemon juice: drop apple slices into a solution of two tablespoons lemon juice and two quarts water.
What are Red Delicious apples best used for?
Red Delicious apples are best used in fresh preparations, as their flesh does not hold up well when cooked. Add to green, fruit and chopped salads. Use as an edible garnish on sandwiches, quesadillas and burgers.
How do you prepare apples for dehydration?
Prepare the apples:
- Wash your apples under clean running water and place on a kitchen towel to air dry.
- Peel the apples, if desired. Trim off bruises and damaged areas. Cut apples crossways into 1/4-inch slices. Remove the seeds and cores.
- Drop the apple slices into the pre-treatment liquid and soak for 10 minutes.
What is the best apple to bake with?
The 5 Best Apples for Baking
- Granny Smith. The Granny Smith apple is my go-to apple for any baked or cooked recipe.
- Jonathan or Jonagold. These apples are very similar in flavor and how they behave when baked.
- Cortland. Don’t push this small apple to the side.
Is Granny Smith a dessert apple?
Colours range from red, to yellow and green, but all varieties fall into one of two categories: eating, also sometimes called dessert apples (including Cox’s Orange Pippin, Golden Delicious, Granny Smiths, Braeburn, Gala, Pink Lady and Jonagold) or cooking, with the latter being more tart in flavour, a result of their
How many apples can you eat a day?
02/8 How many apples can you eat in a day? On an average, a person can have one to two apples in a day. If you are having more than that, you can possibly experience some dangerous and uncomfortable side effects.
Does freezing apples ruin them?
While freezing apples won’t ruin them, the texture will change. The texture of frozen apples won’t be crispy like fresh apples, but rather strong and snappy. Hence, you may not get the same satisfaction from eating defrosted and thawed apples compared to fresh apples.
Do frozen apples taste good?
If you prepare them properly, your apples should keep well frozen for several months and not taste dried-out or bitter when thawed. Keep in mind that frozen apples are best used in recipes because freezing changes their texture, making them unsuitable for eating raw. Any type of apple can be frozen.
Can I freeze apples without cooking them?
It’s best to use frozen apples in baking or smoothies, because the texture of fruit that has been frozen and thawed is softer. Use freezing to preserve apples that aren’t in season for long, like Bramley apples.