- 1 How do you make Jamie’s fish pie?
- 2 How do you make a Mary Berry fish pie?
- 3 How does Gordon Ramsay make fish pie?
- 4 What goes with fish pie?
- 5 Which book is Jamie Olivers fantastic fish pie in?
- 6 Which book is Jamies fish pie in?
- 7 Do you poach fish in milk or water?
- 8 Can you reheat fish pie next day?
- 9 Can you reheat a homemade fish pie?
- 10 Why does my fish pie go watery?
- 11 What is Admiral’s Pie?
- 12 How do you make Hairy Bikers fish pie?
- 13 What is the sauce in a fish pie?
- 14 Does gravy go with fish pie?
- 15 How do you make a fish pie with boiled eggs?
How do you make Jamie’s fish pie?
- 5 large potatoes.
- 2 large free-range eggs.
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach.
- 1 onion.
- 1 carrot.
- 250 ml double cream.
- mature Cheddar or Parmesan cheese.
- 1 lemon.
How do you make a Mary Berry fish pie?
- 75g/3oz butter, plus extra for greasing.
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped.
- 50g/2oz plain flour.
- 570ml/1 pint milk.
- salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2 tbsp lemon juice.
- 350g/12oz fresh haddock, cut into 1cm/½in pieces.
- 350g /12oz smoked undyed haddock, cut into 1cm/½in pieces.
How does Gordon Ramsay make fish pie?
- 2 large shallots or 1 onion, peeled and chopped.
- 2 tbsp olive oil.
- 40g butter.
- 1 large thyme sprig, leaves only.
- 4 tbsp Noilly Prat or dry vermouth.
- 2 tsp Pernod (optional)
- 4 tbsp plain flour.
- 250ml fish, chicken or vegetable stock (a stock cube is fine)
What goes with fish pie?
The only acceptable topping* for a fish pie is of course soft, creamy mashed potato, topped with browned, bubbling cheese or, ideally, a parmesan and breadcrumb mixture. That adds a final savoury, crunchy flourish that is the fish pie’s crowning glory.
Which book is Jamie Olivers fantastic fish pie in?
You can find this in The Return of the Naked Chef, by Jamie Oliver, published 2000, Michael Joseph (Penguin). Preheat the oven to 210 C fan oven or 430 F. Put the potatoes into salted boiling water and bring back to the boil for 2 minutes.
Which book is Jamies fish pie in?
When I received his new book, Save with Jamie, I was delighted. I love all his money-saving tricks and tips and the fact that he makes expensive ingredients stretch over a few meals. This fish pie is one of those meals.
Do you poach fish in milk or water?
Forget oil. Poaching your fish in milk will up your flavor, texture, and creaminess.
Can you reheat fish pie next day?
Needs to cool down thoroughly before putting in fridge, not 100% about freezing a cooked fish pie. I would eat within 24 hours and only reheat the once. Of course you can.
Can you reheat a homemade fish pie?
Leftover fish pie can be reheated. You need to make sure any leftover fish pie is reheated as thoroughly as possible and is piping hot when serving. The quickest option is to reheat your fish pie in portions in the microwave. Pop on high heat and cook for about 2 minutes and continue to check until piping hot.
Why does my fish pie go watery?
For the fish pie if you are using raw fish and then pouring the sauce over before baking it could be that the fish is letting out some liquid as it cooks in the oven, which would also either thin the sauce or give it the appearnace of curdling. This may particulalry happen if the fish has been frozen and thawed.
What is Admiral’s Pie?
Description. Pieces of Alaska pollock fillet in a butter sauce, topped with partially reconstituted mashed potato and cheddar cheese. 290 calories per pie. No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives. Fish fillet pieces in a creamy butter sauce, topped with mash & cheddar, cheese.
How do you make Hairy Bikers fish pie?
- small onion, thickly sliced.
- bay leaves. 500g/1lb 2oz thick white fish fillets, preferably cod, haddock or pollock, skinned. 40g/1½oz butter. 40g/1½oz plain flour. 150g/5½oz frozen peas. 200g/7oz large raw prawns, peeled. sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. For the topping.
- tbsp milk.
What is the sauce in a fish pie?
Water, Double Cream (13%)(from Milk), White Wine (9%), Butter (from Milk), Onion, Modified Starch, Fish Extract ( Fish, Flavouring, Salt, Maltodextrin), Sugar, Garlic, Parsley, Salt, Stabiliser (Xanthan Gum), Concentrated Lemon Juice.
Does gravy go with fish pie?
He said: ” Fish pies should not be served with gravy, full-stop.
How do you make a fish pie with boiled eggs?
Cut the cod into large chunks and scatter over the base of a 1.4ltr/21/2pt ovenproof dish with the hard boiled eggs. Scatter over the watercress. Pour the hot sauce over the fish and eggs. Use a spoon and fork to heap the fluffy potatoes on top of the filling, then sprinkle over the cheese.