- 1 What can I do with a box of cake mix?
- 2 What kind of frosting goes on chocolate cake?
- 3 What flavors go well with chocolate cake?
- 4 How can I spice up a box cake mix?
- 5 What can I add to yellow cake mix?
- 6 What does adding pudding to a cake mix do?
- 7 Which frosting is best for cake?
- 8 What can I serve with chocolate cake?
- 9 What 3 cake flavors go well together?
- 10 What are good cake and filling flavor combinations?
- 11 Should I refrigerate a cake before frosting it?
- 12 What is the trick to a moist cake?
- 13 How much sour cream do I add to cake mix?
- 14 How do you make box cake more moist?
What can I do with a box of cake mix?
19 Random and Delightful Things You Can Make with Boxed Cake Mix
- Birthday Cake Shots. Steven Baboun.
- Pumpkin Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls.
- Birthday Cake -Flavored Soft Pretzels.
- Cake Batter Fudge.
- 3-ingredient Cake Mix Cookies.
- Birthday Cake – Mix Bread.
- Irish Creme Chocolate Trifle.
- Cake Mix Gooey Butter Lemon Cookies.
What kind of frosting goes on chocolate cake?
Chocolate ganache, the world’s simplest frosting, requiring two ingredients — cream and chocolate — is also the classiest. Drench or drizzle your favorite chocolate cake with warm ganache, or cool the ganache and whip it into a fluffier frosting for filling layer cakes or topping cupcakes.
What flavors go well with chocolate cake?
Just as vanilla cake with chocolate frosting is a classic, the same concept works when the flavors are flipped. A chocolatey cake is wonderfully met with a sweet, mild vanilla filling or frosting. Tart, bright fruits such as orange, lemon, or raspberry can work a wonderful contrast with chocolate.
How can I spice up a box cake mix?
Most box cake recipes call for vegetable or canola oil. The only trouble is, these oils have almost no flavor. Replace the oil with an equal amount of melted butter (and a pinch of salt if using unsalted butter), to boost richness. For an extra decadent cake, add two tablespoons of mayonnaise.
What can I add to yellow cake mix?
Add a Few Fun Mix -Ins For vanilla or yellow cake mixes, try adding diced crystallized ginger, dried fruit, or fresh berries. For chocolate or vanilla cake mixes, try adding unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted chopped nuts, or chocolate chips.
What does adding pudding to a cake mix do?
A wonderful way to make the cake a little extra moist is by adding pudding into the cake mix. The pudding also helps hold the structure of the cake, the gelatinous nature helps with the fluffy texture of the cake.
Which frosting is best for cake?
Here are the most well-liked kinds of icing that you can use to finish your cakes.
- Butter Cream. Buttercream is softer and more spreadable than most icing and is the preferred choice for taste and flexibility.
- Whipped Cream.
- Royal Icing.
- Cream Cheese Frosting.
What can I serve with chocolate cake?
Serve chocolate cake with coffee or raspberry ice cream, apple cake or applesauce cake with salted caramel or bourbon ice cream, and so on as your fancy takes you.
What 3 cake flavors go well together?
Top 3 Popular Cake Flavor Combinations
- Chocolate cake with chocolate ganache and mocha filling. True chocoholics would be hard pressed to resist such a decaying flavor profile.
- Orange Cake with Vanilla Buttercream.
- Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.
What are good cake and filling flavor combinations?
Best Layer Cake Filling Ideas and Recipes
- Chocolate layer cake with cream cheese filling.
- Cannoli layer cake with cinnamon sponge and mascarpone filling.
- Vanilla custard cake filling.
- Berry mascarpone layer cake.
- Lemon raspberry layer cake.
- Strawberry jelly layer cake filling.
- Triple layer white cake with orange curd filling.
Should I refrigerate a cake before frosting it?
Don’t Frost a Warm Cake But patience is key to avoiding a layer of runny, unflattering frosting. Baking pros in our test kitchen emphasize that it is essential to let the cake completely cool before frosting. Better yet, you can let the cake sit in the refrigerator for a while to make the process even easier.
What is the trick to a moist cake?
I promise you SOFT & MOIST cakes!
- Use Cake Flour. Reach for cake flour instead of all-purpose flour.
- Add Sour Cream.
- Room Temperature Butter / Don’t Over-Cream.
- Add a Touch of Baking Powder or Baking Soda.
- Add Oil.
- Don’t Over-Mix.
- Don’t Over-Bake.
- Brush With Simple Syrup/Other Liquid.
How much sour cream do I add to cake mix?
And, since sour cream contains fat, your cake will also be richer. Per baking blog Liv for Cake, you may want to start by adding about 1 cup of sour cream.
How do you make box cake more moist?
To get an extra rich and moist cake, stir in two extra egg yolks along with the eggs the recipe calls for. Add sugar and flour to the dry mix. Add 1/4- 1 cup sugar and flour to your cake mix. Use coffee instead of water for chocolate cakes.